CIS job description.
Facilities and Safety Lead
Facilities and Maintenance
Head of Facilities
Works Collaboratively With
Head of Facilities, Principals, Director of Operations, Head of School, Security Executive
Assigns Task to / Supervises
Maintenance, Housekeeping and Landscaping
Key accountability (Main purpose of this job):
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, this position plays a vital role in ensuring compliance with fire safety, workplace safety and health (including COVID-19 safe management measures) related matters and security on campus. This position will also be supervising maintenance, housekeeping and landscape team including driving green initiatives. He/she may also be tasked to oversee any facility related projects as assigned by the Head of Facilities.
Responsibilities (Key areas of Responsibilities):
Fire Safety Manager
- Perform and undertake the role as the Fire Safety Manager for the campus
- Conduct periodic review and updates to the Campus Emergency Response Plan.
- Conduct periodic fire safety audit inspections to ensure compliance to fire safety requirements
- Set up and training of the Fire Safety Committee and CERT team.
- Plan and conduct Table-top Exercises and Fire Drills (twice per year) and CERT training etc.
- Liaise with SCDF and FSSD on updates with latest regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance to the annual Fire Certificate renewal.
Workplace Safety and Health
- Conduct joint inspections with the appointed Independent Safety Consultant to ensure safety standards are being met and all facilities and equipment are in safe working condition
- Review and maintain risk assessment, Safe Work Procedures records for external contractors.
- Review and propose policies change to the Management in compliance to regulatory standards.
- Prepare and manage WSH Committee’s reports and minutes.
- Perform and undertake the role as Safe Management Officer
- Collaborate with the Security Executive to review, establish and enforce security policies and procedures i.e. Security SOP, School Lockdown Procedure etc.
- Collaborate with the Security Executive to manage campus wide security systems (CCTV, Thermal Scanner, Visitor Management System etc.)
- Support the Security Executive to plan, coordinate and manage maintenance and/or integration works for the Security System including follow up on all repair and replacement works.
- Review and propose improvements to enhance the campus security and productivity of our security resource.
- To lead the team in managing the day-to-day operations on all maintenance, housekeeping and safety matters
- Ensure proper maintenance of building and facilities. Take lead to solve facility related matters including liaising with stakeholders and managing contractors
- Schedules and arranges maintenance of the equipment and facilities. Establish and maintains strong vendor relationships
- Monitors and collaborate with relevant departments in facilities-related procurements
- To assist in the tender, pre & post contract and procurement administrations for Addition and Alteration (A&A) projects
- To support and manage all the hospital A&A projects
- To oversee the A&A works from conception phase to completion and handing over to user
- Representative for the Facilities Department in the Eco committee and lead the implementation initiatives under Facilities purview.
- Follow up the relevant Sustainability Action Plan.
- Review and propose initiatives to reduce electricity and water consumption.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by superior
- Degree/Diploma in Facilities Management, Estate Management, Building and Maintenance or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Registered Fire Safety Manager with Singapore Civil Defence Force, with at least 4 years of experience working in fire safety management
- Possessed knowledge and certification in Workplace Safety and Health, preferably with WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (Level B)
- Possessed WSQ in Security and Environmental Control Officer (Specified Premises) will be advantageous
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite applications is a prerequisite
- Experienced in working in the international school sector or a multi-cultural environment will be preferred
- Hands on ability to lead the team on everyday operations and projects
- Possessed good writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive disposition, resourceful and a team player
- Ability to multitask, an eye for details and perform under tight timeline