Complete the application form
The application process begins with the submission of an application form, payment of the application fee, and submission of supporting documents. Our entry requirements page outlines what you need to know before submitting an application.
Submit the supporting documents to our Admissions Department
The following documents, which must all be original versions, should be sent to our Admissions Department after you submit your application.
- The last 3 years of transcripts, school reports, testimonials and recommendations*.
- Photocopy of all relevant psycho educational or special education evaluation reports* (if applicable).
- 3 passport size photographs (electronic JPEG format is acceptable).
- Photocopies of:
- student's passport(s).
- student's birth certificate*.
- student’s immunisation records*. Diphtheria and Measles immunisation is compulsory by law in Singapore.
- Each parent’s passport and/or each legal guardian’s passport (where applicable)
- Original deed, will or court order to indicate guardianship/custody* (if applicable).
- Fully completed representative’s form (if applicable).
- Fully completed caregiver agreement (if applicable) and a photocopy of caregiver’s passport.
*These documents must be supplied in English. If documents are not in English, parents will need to provide official translated copies. Translations must be carried out by a Notary Public, a Translation Agency or your own National Embassy.
Acceptance to CIS will be based on a comprehensive review of all requested documentation. This may include, but is not limited to:
• Consideration of a student’s age and/or the most recent grade level completed.
• Review of prior school reports.
• Student profile considerations including behaviour, social skills, work ethic, attitude, English proficiency level and additional learning support needs, if any, required by the student at the current school.
CIS may need to conduct assessments, and/or contact teachers at the student’s current school. Upon completion of the review process, CIS reserves the right to decline an application regardless of whether the applicable documentation and payment of the application fee is complete or not.
Sign the student contract upon acceptance of a place at CIS
The CIS student contract must be signed by both parties within 14 days from the issue date of the contract to confirm a student’s enrolment.
The Student Contract is a legal document that protects and assures the rights and conditions of the Student whilst enrolled at a Private Education Institution (PEI), in this case, the Canadian International School (CIS).
Why do I need to sign a student contract?
It is a legal requirement that all Students must enter into the Student Contract. The Student Contract is a critical document that helps to minimise future disputes, therefore, it is essential that it be completely understood by the Student (parents/legal guardians where a student is younger than 18 years of age) prior to enrolment.
Terms and conditions
In addition to the student contract, all families who apply to CIS need to read and agree to the CIS Standard Terms and Conditions. Please note that you will receive a copy of the Terms and Conditions via email - you do not need to print and sign the following PDF document.
Once the student contract has been signed, a simpler supplemental contract must be signed on an annual basis.
Supplemental student contracts for existing students who have already signed the original student contract must be signed by March each school year. If the supplemental contract is not signed by the necessary deadline, a student’s enrolment for the following school year will not be confirmed.
If you have any queries regarding the CIS Student Contract, our Terms and Conditions, or the Supplemental contract, please contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay the confirmation fee
An invoice will be issued for the confirmation fee after the student contract is signed.
This fee must be paid and received by the School by the due date indicated on the invoice. Should this not happen, both the place offered and the student contract will lapse.
Submit final documentation before school starts
Students may start school as soon as all of these documents have been submitted to the Admissions Department:
- Photocopy of student’s Dependant’s Pass, Student Pass or NRIC* (Singaporean and Permanent Residents only)**
- Photocopy of each parent’s/legal guardian’s Employment Pass, Dependant’s Pass and/or NRIC* (Singaporean and Permanent Residents only)**
- Student Medical Form.
*For Permanent Residents (PRs) please provide a copy of the re-entry permit indicating the PR number and the re-entry permit expiry date
**Whichever is applicable