Complete the application form
The application process begins with the submission of an application form, payment of the application fee, and submission of supporting documents. Our entry requirements page outlines what you need to know before submitting an application.
Submit the supporting documents to our Admissions Department
The following documents must be sent to our Admissions team after you submit your application. All original documents must be produced in order to verify their authenticity.
- All current and past transcripts, school reports, testimonials and recommendations (3 years worth of records are required)*.
- Photocopy of all relevant psycho educational or special education evaluation reports* (if applicable).
- 3 passport size photographs (approximately 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). Please write student's name on the back of the photographs.
- Photocopy of student's passport(s).
- Photocopy of student's birth certificate*.
- Photocopy of student's immunisation records*. Diphtheria and Measles immunisation is compulsary by law in Singapore.
- Photocopy of each parent’s passport.
- Photocopy of each legal guardian’s passport (if applicable).
- Original deed, will or court order to indicate guardianship/custody* (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the representative form (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the caregiver form (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the caregiver’s passport (if applicable).
* These documents must be supplied to the Admissions Department in English. Documents which are not in English will need to be translated. Translations must be carried out by a Notary Public, a Translation Agency or your own National Embassy.
Acceptance to CIS is based on a comprehensive review of all compulsory and/or requested documentation. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Consideration of a student's age and/or the most recent grade level completed.
- Successful school report cards review.
- Student profile considerations such as behaviour, social skills, work ethic, attitude, English proficiency level and additional learning support needs, if any, required by the student at the current school.
CIS may require assessments, and/or permission to contact teachers at the student’s current school.
Upon acceptance of a place at CIS, execute the CIS Student Contract
The CIS Student Contract must be executed by both parties (if the parent is agreeable to the terms and conditions of the contract) within 14 days from the issue date of the contract to confirm a student’s enrolment.
The Student Contract is a legal document that protects and assures the rights and conditions of the Student whilst enrolled at a Private Education Institution (PEI), in this case, the Canadian International School (CIS).
Why do I need to sign a student contract?
It is a legal requirement that all Students must enter into the Student Contract. The Student Contract is a critical document that helps to minimise future disputes, therefore, it is essential that it be completely understood by the Student (parents/legal guardians where a student is younger than 18 years of age) prior to enrolment.
Terms and conditions
In addition to the student contract, all families who apply to CIS need to read and agree to the CIS Standard Terms and Conditions.
Once the student contract has been signed, a simpler supplemental contract must be signed on an annual basis.
Supplemental student contracts for existing students who have already signed the original student contract must be signed by March each school year. If the supplemental contract is not signed by the necessary deadline, a student’s enrolment for the following school year will not be confirmed.
If you have any queries regarding the CIS Student Contract, our Terms and Conditions, or the Supplemental contract, please contact our Admissions team at email@example.com.
Pay the confirmation fee
An invoice will be issued for the confirmation fee after the student contract is signed.
This fee must be paid and received by the School by the due date indicated on the invoice. Should this not happen, both the place offered and the student contract will lapse.
Submit final documentation before school starts
Students may start school as soon as all of these documents have been submitted to the Admissions Department:
- Photocopy of Student’s Dependant's Pass / Student's Pass / NRIC – Singaporean and Permanent Resident* (whichever is applicable).
- Photocopy of Parent's / Legal Guardian's Employment Pass / Dependant's Pass / NRIC - Singaporean and Permanent Resident* (whichever is applicable).
- Student Medical Form.
*For Permanent Residents (PRs) please provide a copy of the Re-Entry Permit indicating the PR Number and the Re-Entry Permit Expiry Date.