CIS job description.
Swim Coach / Assistant Swim Coach
Head of Aquatics
Works Collaboratively With
Lead Squad Coaches and Head of Aquatics
Assigns Task to / Supervises
Key accountability (Main purpose of this job):
This role acts as a PE swim instructor, swim team coach, and program assistant working within the Aquatics program, including PE, ECA and Swim Team, to implement all instructional aspects.
Responsibilities (Key areas of Responsibilities):
- Work closely with the Head of Aquatics to implement all curricular PE Swim Programs, Swim Team and Staff/Student Development opportunities in all aspects of swimming, first aid and lifesaving.
- Ensure all swim team practices are conducted in a safe and friendly environment, and assume a coaching role as defined by the Head of Aquatics.
- Administer and assist in conducting swimming meets with the Aquatics department, including set-up, communication meet manager and necessary planning.
- Be available for in-service training for faculty, swimming instructors/aides, and lifeguards when necessary.
- Work in Holiday Swim Camps and Summer Camps.
- Work closely with the Head of Aquatics and Swim Coach in other areas where necessary.
Duties for School Holidays and Summer Breaks:
- Assist to organise, plan and teach Learn-to-swim and squad programs.
- Maintain inventory and ensure good housekeeping, including safekeeping of equipment and general upkeep and tidiness) of the pool area are in place.
- Supervise pool usage and other users and coaches.
- Act as the Summer camp swim coach and coordinator.
- Other administrative duties where necessary.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an aquatics teaching environment.
- Must have:
- Valid Aquatics Programming Certification
- Valid Water Safety Instructor Certification from home country or place of record
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification or equivalent
- Valid Lifeguard Certification
- Competitive swim team coaching and/or experience
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, management and leadership skills.