CIS job description.
|Division / department||IT Department|
|Reports to||Manager, IT Applications|
|Works collaboratively with||IT Applications and Infrastructure teams|
|Assigns task to / supervises||None|
Key accountability (Main purpose of this job):
This position requires a good mix of technical and business-interfacing skills to scope, implement, and manage a range of applications for internal and external customers. The ideal candidate is very analytical and solution-focused, as well as being effective at managing end-users.
Responsibilities (Key areas of Responsibilities):
- Oversee the technical evolution of learning management, student management, and administrative systems.
- Interface with end-users to understand short and medium term needs.
- Analyse, articulate and model system requirements, translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs.
- Work with line manager to develop optimal solution architectures, so as to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Implement, configure and test feasible solutions.
- Support users on change control and system updates.
- Stay current with technical and industry developments and standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information systems or related field is required.
- 3 - 5 years of software development experiences on either student information systems, LMS, or ERP platforms is required.
- Hands-on experience with cloud integration platform (Workato, Mulesoft, etc.) and relational database (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Experience with Google Cloud, especially with Kubernetes, BigQuery and other data analytics services is a BIG plus.
- Prior experience in the education sector a plusCIS job description.