Senior Software Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Technology, this role requires a good mix of technical and business-interfacing skills to scope, implement and manage a range of applications for internal and external customers. The ideal candidate is very analytical and solution focused, as well as effective at managing end-users.
- Oversee the technical evolution of our current IT infrastructure, which includes learning management system, student management system, customer-relationship management system and administrative systems.
- Interface with end-users to understand short and medium term needs.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Work with the line manager to develop optimal solution architectures, so as to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Implement, configure and test feasible solutions.
- Support users on change control and system updates.
- Stay current with technical and industry developments and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT-related equivalent.
- 5-8 years of software development or full-stack web development experience on integrating various SaSS or custom platforms (CRM, LMS, ERP etc) using API or web services.
- Hands-on experience with cloud integration platform (Workato, MuleSoft etc) and relational database (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle etc)
- Experience with Google Cloud, especially Kubernetes, BigQuery and other data analytics services is a huge plus.
- Prior experience working in the education sector and student information systems and LMS will be advantageous.
- This role will be based at the Lakeside campus.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.