Head Receptionist (in training)Posted 07/01/2020 12:43PM
The Canadian International School is looking for a dynamic and friendly head receptionist (in training) for its Lakeside campus. The head receptionist's core responsibility is to ensure that the highest standards are maintained and all customers, visitors and vendors are provided with an exceptional customer service experience.
- Ensure a hands-on approach to general reception duties by providing a warm welcome to every person you deal with - whether in person or remotely.
- Attend to queries from a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, alumni, suppliers, and partner organisations.
- Contribute to the development of customer service strategies that will maximise customer satisfaction.
- Project a professional image by ensuring that the reception area is in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times.
- Provide receptionists with necessary support when dealing with customer complaints, and help to diffuse any difficult customer situations.
- Coordinate all day-to-day admin & operational procedures related to main reception with admissions and communications and marketing. This includes managing admissions’ prospective parent visits (security, arrival, and departure) and kit preparation and distribution; and assisting marketing with coordination of functions and events.
- Oversee the ID card printing process and manage associated deadlines.
- Ensure that the development of all main reception staff is ongoing.
- Prepare lunch & duty rosters for holiday periods.
- Manage meeting room bookings.
- Be fully conversant with all emergency procedures and take responsibility for the speedy and effective evacuation of the facility in the event of an alarm activation.
Qualifications and skills
The successful applicant will be a warm and friendly person who is able to speak English and Chinese. Additionally, the successful applicant will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer care and management skills.
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A degree in a business field would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines in a team environment.
- The ability to take lead the reception team with minimal supervision.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.