CIS job description.
Assistant Finance Manager
Chief Financial Officer
Works Collaboratively With
Assigns Task to / Supervises
AP, Fixed Assets
Key accountability (Main purpose of this job):
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is responsible for assisting the CFO in expense management, budget preparation, department reporting and group required financial and management reporting, ensuring the reports are prepared in time and with high quality.
Responsibilities (Key areas of Responsibilities):
- Ensure strict adherence to all policies and regulations (including CIS policies, CPE regulations, Companies Act, Income Tax Act, GST Act, Accounting Standards etc).
- Educate and guide the team and CIS staff on Finance processes, procedures, regulations and/or systems to improve efficiency, data integrity and accuracy.
- Oversee and ensure the team handles all internal and external queries and requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Guide and supervise the AP team on all AP daily transactions, fixed assets and revenue recognition matters.
- Handle the corporate credit card and banking matters.
- Prepare month end and year end closing for CIS, its subsidiary and holding companies (if any).
- Prepare government survey report and assist in office administration such as maintenance of CIS portal for the Finance Department.
- Prepare management reporting and provide data analysis and budget comparison to support business decisions.
- Assist in all audit matters for CIS, its subsidiary and holding companies (if any). This includes statutory, Edusave and CPE audits.
- Review and update the Finance processes, policies and procedures to ensure they remain relevant, effective and efficient.
- Assist with system enhancement projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with proven capability in developing, motivating and leading a team towards common goals
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in budget preparation and data analysis
- Good working knowledge of FRS, accounting system(s) and internal controls
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Independent self-starter
- Meticulous with excellent attention to details
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and within timelines
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Prior experience using NetSuite will be advantageous
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not an exhaustive list and additional tasks and/or responsibilities may be assigned to you from time to time according to business demands. This job description may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of CIS.