Assistant aquatics instructor and swim coach
Full timePosted 08/10/2019 09:10AM
Return to careers listing Apply now
CIS job description.
|Designation :||Assistant Aquatics Instructor and Swim Coach|
|Division / department :||Aquatics Department|
|Location :||Lakeside Campus|
|Reports to :||Head of Aquatics, Head of Sports|
|Works collaboratively with :||Aquatics Instructor and Head of Aquatics|
|Assigns task to / supervises :||Nil|
Key accountability (Main purpose of this job):
The Assistant Aquatics Instructor position acts as a PE swim instructor, swim team coach, and program coordinator assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working within the of Aquatics program to implement all instructional aspects.
- Ensuring the quality and related safety of the programs (before, during, and after school).
- Acting as a CIS Swim Instructor helping to oversee all assistant instructors hired to facilitate teaching in the PE program.
- Work with Head of Aquatics and the Swim Coach in all other areas as required
Responsibilities (Key areas of Responsibilities):
- Work closely with Head of Aquatics to implement all Curricular PE Swim Programs, Swim Team, and Staff/Student Development opportunities in all aspects of swimming, first aid and lifesaving.
- Swim Team Assistant Coach - Conduct swim team practices in a safe and friendly environment and assume a coaching role as defined by Head of Aquatics and Head of Athletics.
- Administer and assist in conducting swimming meets with the Aquatics department: To include all aspects, set-up, communication, meet manager and necessary planning.
- Be available for in-service training for faculty, swimming instructors/aides, and lifeguards as necessary.
- Working in Holiday Swim Camps and Summer Camps.
- Other ongoing duties as assigned.
Duties for School Holiday and Summer Breaks
- Organize, plan and teach Learn-to-swim programs
- Coaching of swim team
- Admin roles
- Inventory and safekeeping of equipment and general upkeep (tidiness) of pool area
- Supervision of the pool and other users and coaches
- Summer Camp Swim Coach and Coordinator
- Valid Aquatics Programming Certification.
- Must be certified as a Water Safety Instructor or equivalent from home country or place of record.
- Recommended Meet Manager and Team Manager Software.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an aquatics teaching environment.
- Must have current certification in standard first aid and/or equivalent.
- Must have lifeguard certification
- Must have competitive swim team coaching and/or experience
- Strong team player that has excellent interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.