Application EngineerPosted 03/01/2020 08:30AM
The Canadian International School is looking for an experienced full-time application engineer. Reporting in to the Manager of Applications, this role requires a good mix of technical and business-interfacing skills to scope, implement, and manage a range of applications for internal and external customers. The ideal candidate is very analytical and solution-focused, as well as being effective at managing end-users.
- Oversee the application and integration evolution of ERP, CRM , student management, and internal/ external portal systems.
- Develop technical solutions to evaluate and introduce new integration schemes from inception to implementation of an optimised automated process flow.
- Interface with end-users to understand short and medium term needs.
- Analyse, articulate and model system requirements, translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs.
- Work with line manager to develop optimal solution architecture, so as to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Analysing, designing and developing tests and test-automation suites.
- Support users on change control and system updates.
- Stay current with technical and industry developments and standards.
Required qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information systems or related field is required.
- 3-5 years of software/ integration development experiences.
- Good programming skills – Java, JS, PHP, C#, VB, C/C++, or other application programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with cloud integration platform (Workato, Mulesoft, etc.) and relational database (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc).
- Experience in Netsuite SuiteScript, Suitebuilder, Suitebundler, Restlet and developing custom API for Netsuite for 3rd party integration is a big plus.
- Working knowledge in CRM & ERP such as Netsuite, HubSpot, Navision, Sage, SAP, JD Edwards, Salesforce, and other similar software is a plus.
- Prior experience in the education sector is an advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.