Notification and Arrangement
CIS shall inform the Student immediately within three (3) working days if:
- It fails to commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course prior to the Course Commencement Date;
- It fails to complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course prior to Course Completion Date;
- It is of the view that the Student is not suitable to continue attending CIS;
- The Student Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA);
- The Student fails to obtain any approvals from any other governmental organizations including but not limited to the Ministry of Education (MOE) rendering the Student being unable to continue to attend CIS; or
- The Student is expelled from CIS for a serious breach of any of CIS’ rules or regulations.
CIS shall, within seven (7) working days of notifying the Student in writing of the above circumstances, provide the Student with information and details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement, or, any other arrangements to the best of CIS’ ability that will allow the Student to make a timely and appropriate decision on the alternative arrangements. Specific conditions which may result in points (1) to (4) occurring include but are not limited to non-fulfillment of minimum class-size required and/or non-availability of planning resources.
Withdrawals for Cause
Subject to Force Majeure events, the Student shall be entitled to withdraw by giving written notice to CIS of his/her intention to do so if the withdrawal is related to any of the circumstances set out in points (1) to (4). For circumstances set out in points (5), (6), (7) and (8), CIS shall be entitled to require the Student to withdraw by giving the Student 24 hours written notice.
Refunds for Withdrawal For Cause
For circumstances under point (1) to (4), CIS shall, within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student, refund to the Student the entire :
- Refundable Family Deposit;
- Tuition Fee;
- B&F Fee; and
- Fees paid for Support programmes, if applicable.
For circumstances under (5), (6) and (7), the refund policy is as follows :
1. If the Student is a returning Student and the Course has not commenced, CIS shall, within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student, refund to the Student the Refundable Family Deposit, the full Tuition Fee, B&F Fee and fees paid for Support programmes, if applicable; or
2. If the Student is a returning Student and the Course has commenced, CIS shall, within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student, refund to the Student the Refundable Family Deposit and any unconsumed Tuition Fees, B&F Fees and fees paid for Support programmemes, if applicable.
For circumstances under (8), the Student shall not be entitled to any refunds of Tuition Fees, B&F Fees, fees for Support programmes whatsoever. The Refundable Family Deposit will be refunded in full.
Refunds for Withdrawal Without Cause
Tuition Fees, B&F Fees, Support Programme Fees
Where the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those set out in The Withdrawal for Cause above, CIS shall within seven (7) working days after the date of withdrawal (and in any event no more than seven (7) working days after receiving a withdrawal notice) refund to the Student the following sums (less any applicable bank administrative charges properly paid/payable):
|% of the aggregate Tuition Fees and B&F Fees and Support programme Fees paid as per the Contract||If Student's written notice of withdrawal is received within the following commencement dates for each semester|
|100%||At any point before the commencement date of each semester|
|0%||At any point after the commencement date of each semester|
Refunds for Withdrawal Without Cause – Family Deposit
Students enrolled at CIS prior to 21 December 2009 who have a refundable Family Deposit on account with the school must comply with the withdrawal deadline and procedures mentioned below.
If there are no fees outstanding, School property (such as library books) has been returned, and the Student has not caused damage to School property at the time of exit, the deposit will be refunded in accordance with the refund policy if a written notice for withdrawal in the prescribed form is submitted to Admissions.
Please note that a withdrawal notice for the prevailing semester is not confirmed until the Admissions Department has received the fully completed CIS Withdrawal Notice form, and an acknowledgement of receipt has been received by the parent that such notice has been received. No other confirmation - written or otherwise - will suffice.
1. 100% Refund
The deposit will be refunded in full if a written notice for withdrawal in the prescribed form is submitted to the Admissions Department
(email@example.com) in accordance with the prescribed withdrawal deadlines* mentioned below:
- No later than 1 April (or the next school day) should the Student leave between 1 May and the last day of the second semester of any School Year (both dates inclusive) or is not returning in the new school year;
- No later than 1 December (or the next school day) should the Student not be returning after December break or is not returning for the second semester;
- Not less than one (1) month before the last day of regular school attendance should the Student leave at any other time of the year other than as specified in point (1) or (2) above.
CIS reserves the right to review the Withdrawal Deadlines on an annual basis and Students/Parents will be advised well in advance of any changes.
2. 50% / No Refund
Failure to meet the necessary withdrawal deadlines means that the school will retain the Family Deposit in accordance with the below mentioned conditions:
- If a Student is withdrawn after admission, and the withdrawal notice has not been received by the respective deadline, that Student will forfeit 50% of his applicable Family Deposit.
- Where two or more children from one family are withdrawn, and the withdrawal notice has not been received by the respective deadline, the entire (i.e. 100%) Family Deposit will be forfeited.
Transfer/ Withdrawal Policy
The Student agrees that his transfer from one course to another course shall NOT, for the purposes of this Refund Policy, be deemed to be a withdrawal from the Course and the provisions of Refunds for Withdrawal Without Cause shall not apply in such transfer. A Supplemental Contract shall be executed between CIS and the Student for any change of Course to the effect that all the terms and conditions in this Contract shall be applicable to the legal relationship of CIS and the Student in the new course, with the necessary variations to the Course Information and Fees. The format of the Supplemental Contract is provided in Schedule 7 of the Student Contract.
Change of Course
The School will allow students to transfer from a course X to course Y in the following circumstance:
- The School assesses that the Student is more suited, both academically and emotionally, for enrolment in another course offered by the School.
The Student agrees that this transfer from one course to another course shall NOT, for the purpose of the Refund Policy, be deemed a withdrawal from the Course and the provisions of Refunds for Withdrawal Without Cause shall not apply in such transfer. If a Student does not agree and subsequently withdraws, the withdrawal will be deemed as a Withdrawal Without Cause.
In the event of a change of course as mentioned above, a Supplemental Contract shall be executed between CIS and the Student to reflect the change of course and fees where applicable. All the other terms and conditions in the Contract remain unchanged.
If a transfer is requested, the school will assess and confirm (to the Student) the transfer within two weeks.
The Student may withdraw from CIS at any time by submitting an online withdrawal notice or a duly completed hard copy withdrawal notice provided always that the withdrawal notice submitted is for the prevailing semester. Notwithstanding the procedures set out herein, refunds for the family deposit continue to be subject to the withdrawal deadlines as per the Refunds for the Withdrawal Without Cause - Family Deposit clause mentioned above.
Upon receipt of your withdrawal notice, our Admissions team will respond to your withdrawal request within 2 working days. Please note that your notice of withdrawal is not confirmed until the Admissions team has acknowledged in writing that this withdrawal notice has been received. No other confirmation, written or otherwise, will suffice.
In the event the withdrawal is not in the prescribed format, CIS shall at its absolute discretion have the right to reject any such withdrawals.
All students who withdraw from CIS must submit a fully completed Student Exit Form to the Finance Department in the Student's final week at CIS. If a Student Exit Form is not completed, the Refundable Deposit and/or Transcripts will not be released.
Upon receipt of the duly completed Student Exit form, CIS shall, within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student, refund to the Student the applicable refundable amount of the Family Deposit.
The exit forms can be downloaded by using the appropriate link below:
Binding Effect of the CIS Student Contract
Except expressly provided in the the clauses above and in the Addendum to the Student Contract for Students Enrolled Prior to 21 December, 2009, all other terms and conditions stipulated in the CIS Student Contract shall remain in full force and effect.