The two CIS campuses are located in Singapore and are easily accessible from the main residential areas of the island.
To ensure our students can get to and from School efficiently, CIS organises a door-to-door bus transport service through the independent third party bus service provider Goh Transport Services Co. Pte. Ltd. Goh Transport's bus service covers most residential areas in Singapore.
CIS strives to ensure each bus is a safe and pleasant environment for everyone. All school buses have seat belts. A full breakdown of the routes and costs are outlined in the pricelist which can be found at the bottom of this page.
If you wish to enroll your child for the bus service, please contact Ms Ee Poh or Mrs Ang to make arrangements or for any queries.
Goh Transport Services Co. Pte. Ltd.
Bus Transport Office - Canadian International School Lakeside Campus
7 Jurong West Street 41, Singapore 649414
Tel: 6792 5115
Fax: 6792 2221
Goh Transport Bus Service Regulations
Bus Behavior Regulations
School buses are a convenient form of transportation for our students. To ensure the safety and well-being of everyone, the following Bus Behaviour Regulations will be enforced.
- No eating, drinking or littering on the bus.
- Seat belts must be fastened securely at all times and must not be removed until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- Students must not create excessive noise.
- Students must form polite queues and wait for their turn to choose a seat when boarding the bus.
- Students must be courteous and respectful to everyone.
- Students must be punctual when boarding the bus.
- Adults and/or visitors (including students who are going on a play date) are not allowed to travel on the bus with students.
- Students in JK to Grade 3 must meet the Bus Monitor for attendance at the end of the day in the gymnasium and/or basketball court (or other school delegated meeting area) before boarding the bus.
- Reservation of seats is strictly not allowed.
- Each student is entitled to one seat only and school bags should be placed on the floor.
Students will be warned if they fail to conform to the Bus Behaviour Regulations. The Principal will also be informed. Students who habitually fail to meet these regulations risk losing bus privileges. Parents will be contacted.
If a child is not taking the bus at the regularl scheduled time, please notify both the bus office and classroom teacher in writing.
Points to Note:
- Please note that children may not ride on any other bus than that assigned by Goh Transport.
- Students must ride their assigned bus and may not invite other students to ride their bus.
- Parents are not allowed to ride on the school bus.
- Bad weather conditions - In the event of rain, Goh Transport bus drivers have been instructed to stop at the nearest sheltered area that is safe for boarding and alighting.
Goh Transport Bus Service Rules
- New applications for bus services and change of residential addresses will require a 2 week processing time. Parents will be informed of the details of bus transportation and arrangements thereafter.
- Routes vary in length from 20 to 80 minutes. The duration of particular routes can change during the year if it is necessary to add new students.
- Pick up sequence and/or route for students may be adjusted at times during the year when new students are added to the roster or change of residential address. Also, if after a period of monitoring of the times of bus arrivals at the school, it may be warranted to adjust the pick-up times at each stop by five to ten minutes.
- The school strives to ensure that the buses are a safe and pleasant environment for everyone. To this end, the bus supervisors are given the ten basic rules to enforce.
- Concerns that arise should be shared by students with their parents. If parents would like further information and clarifications, they should contact the transportation office and/or the school. Parents should never directly confront the bus supervisors or drivers to question their behaviour or challenge their judgment. Parents should not confront other families’ children to reprimand or discipline them for bus behaviour. All perceived problems should be reported to the school office and bus office.
- Please inform Goh Transport in writing one month in advance if their services are no longer required.
- Parents/Guardians of students in Grade 1 and below, shall ensure that the students are picked up personally by a parent, guardian or helper at the designated drop-off points. Otherwise, Goh Transport will bring the student back to Goh Transport's office to be picked up by the parents/guardian.
- In the event of an accident or a bus breakdown, students must stay inside the bus until alternative transport arrangements are made and become available.
Pricelist and Application Form
- Click here to access the Bus Rates for 2012-2013
- Click here to access the Goh Transport Bus Service Application Form
Detailed information regarding bus drop off and pick up procedures can be found in the School Life/School Day
section of our website.