Careers and Guidance - Student Services
Student Services offer activities and services that facilitate the personal, social, educational and career development of students at all grade levels. The school counsellor provides individual counselling, group instruction, consultation and referrals to assist students and their families in making informed decisions and responsible plans.
The department has a wide variety of resource information pertaining to colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions around the world. In addition, information is available on social issues, study tips, careers, job search skills, summer jobs, and travel / study / work programs. Resource material may be borrowed from the Student Services Department.
In addition, the Student Services department organise university fairs on campus throughout the school year, providing students with an invaluable opportunity to engage with faculty and find out about university life.
Student Services offers resources and services to students, which include:
- Grade 8 orientation.
- Prospectus of colleges and universities from around the world.
- Internet and email access to post-secondary institutions.
- Program planning assistance to select appropriate High School courses.
- Assisting students to gain entry to college, university and other post-secondary institutions.
- Individual counselling regarding academic, career and/or personal concerns.
- Print, video and CD-ROM information on post-secondary institutions world-wide.
- Information and promotion of International Career Fairs.
- Campus visits by many college and university representatives from Canada, U.S., Australia and Europe.
For more information, please contact the Guidance Counsellor Ms. Ann Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.