General Admissions Information
The application process begins with the submission of an application form, the application fee, and all necessary accompanying supporting documents. Please refer to the entry requirements in this section of our school website before submitting an application.
Step 1 - Please complete the application form: Print and complete the application form, or submit your application online via the on-line application. All applications must be accompanied by the compulsory non-refundable application fee of S$1,784.00. If a parent/legal guardian chooses to pay this fee with a credit card via the online application, they will be charged S$1,846.44. This amount is comprised of the Application Fee of S$1,784 plus the compulsory additional Banking and Administration Fee of 3.5%).
Step 2- Please submit the following items to the Canadian International School’s Admissions Department in conjunction with the hard copy application form, or, directly after you have submitted an online application. Please note that all original documents must be produced upon submission to verify their authenticity.
- All current and past transcripts, school reports, testimonials and recommendations (3 years worth of records are required).
- Photocopy of all relevant Psycho Educational or Special Education Evaluation Reports*.
- 3 passport size photographs (approximately 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). Please write student's name on the back of the photographs.
- Photocopy of Student's Passport(s).
- Photocopy of Student's Birth Certificate*.
- Photocopy of Student's Immunization records*.
- Photocopy of each Parent’s Passport.
- Photocopy of each Legal Guardian’s Passport (if applicable).
- Original deed, will or court order to indicate guardianship* (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the Primary Contact Form (if applicable).
Acceptance to CIS will be based on a comprehensive review of all compulsory and/or requested documentation. This may include, but is not limited to, consideration of Grade Level completed, successful school report cards review, student profile considerations such as behaviour, social skills, work ethics, attitude, English proficiency level and additional learning support needs, if any, required by the student at the current school. CIS may require an on-site assessment, or permission to contact teachers at the student’s current school.
* Please note that these documents must be supplied to the Admissions Department in English. Documents which are not in English will need to be translated. Translations must be carried out by a Notary Public, a Translation Agency or your own National Embassy.
Step 3 - Upon acceptance of a place at CIS, the CIS Student Contract and the accompanying Form 12 must be executed by both parties (if the parent is agreeable to the terms and conditions of the contract) within 14 days from the issue date of the contract to confirm a student’s enrolment. Please see the Admissions section and then select Student Contract on the school website for more information on the student contract.
Step 4 - Upon the signing of the CIS Student Contract and the accompanying Form 12, a Confirmation Fee must be paid and received by the school within 14 days in order to confirm the place for the Student. Please see the Fee Schedule for details regarding the Confirmation Fee.
*If the Confirmation Fee is not received within 14 days from the date of the invoice, both the place offered and the Student Contract will lapse.
Step 5 - The following documents must be furnished after acceptance, but prior to the student starting school. Please note that students will not be able to start school until all documents have been submitted to the Admissions Department:
- Photocopy of Student’s Dependant's Pass / Student's Pass / NRIC – Singaporean and Permanent Resident* (whichever is applicable).
- Photocopy of Parent's / Legal Guardian's Employment Pass / Dependant's Pass / NRIC - Singaporean and Permanent Resident* (whichever is applicable).
- Student Medical Form.
*For Permanent Residents (PRs) please provide a copy of the Re-Entry Permit indicating the PR Number and the Re-Entry Permit Expiry Date.
Admissions - Order of Priority
- Children of CIS staff;
- Inter-campus transfer Students;
- Children nominated by successful applicants under the School's "Guaranteed Placement Rights Scheme" . If there are more children than places under this category, priority within this category will be based on the date of application for admission.
- Children nominated by successful applicants under the School's "Priority Placements Rights Scheme" . If there are more children than places under this category, priority within this category will be based on the date of application for admission.
- Children who are siblings of existing Student(s) at the School;
- Children who are Canadian citizens; and
- All other applicants.
 The definitions and terms governing the “Guaranteed Placement Rights Scheme” are available from the Admissions Office.
 The definitions and terms governing the “Priority Rights Scheme” are available from the Admissions Office.