One to World Programme
All CIS students in Grade 7 through 12 must have their own MacBook computer at school every day. Students who are new to CIS or those entering grade 7 must ensure that they have their new MacBook on the first day of school.
Although optional, students in Grade 6 are also encouraged to bring a MacBook to school in the 2013/2014 school year.
Mac laptops must meet the specifications that are outlined below:
- MacBook Pro or MacBook Air with Mountain Lion Operating System
- Microsoft Office
- Other required software will be programme specific and will either be provided by CIS, downloaded as needed or requested to be purchased at a later date.
Understanding there may be questions about the One to World programme, a Frequently Asked Questions document can be referenced here.
To ensure that pricing and warranties remain competitive, CIS has negotiated a preferred pricing and warranty package for all CIS students with The Network Hub Pte Ltd in Singapore. The price you will pay for a Mac is a discounted price that is not available to the regular consumer or elsewhere. We have fully investigated the service model the chosen reseller provides, and that it is one that will benefit our families. We recommend that CIS families purchase from our authorized dealer, as there are a number of benefits you can only receive from this dealer:
- Pricing will include an option for a 4-year warranty upgrade and an option to purchase insurance on your Mac.
- Pricing will be preferential and you will not get this package/benefits elsewhere.
- Only machines purchased from this location will qualify for service drop off at the school and access to a loaner machine, subject to availability.
How to Order your MacBook via the Parent Portal?
Please follow these steps to place an order for your child’s MacBook with Network Hub:
1. Log in to the parent portal via http://www.cis.edu.sg
2. Click on the Network Hub icon (located in the resources tab) to go to The
Network Hub Online Ordering Portal
3. Select your preferred device and add to cart
4. Continue shopping if desired and once you are done, click on the checkout cart
5. Select your desired collection mode: self-collection or delivery
6. Select your desired payment mode
7. Click on "Continue" and proceed to the information page
8. Fill in the contact details. Please read the terms and conditions and check the
box to indicate your acceptance
9. If you are paying via credit card, you will be taken to an SSL-encrypted
website where payment will be processed
10. An official invoice will be sent via email after your payment is received
11. Delivery for the ordered items is estimated to be 2 weeks or less
Should you have any questions, please contact the Network Hub Pte Ltd representative:
Name : Mike Neo
Contact : 90920751
Email : email@example.com
About the One to World Programme
The benefits of integrating technology with education are clear: utilizing technology in the classroom provides students with richer learning experiences and teaches skills, which are directly transferable to the workplace. As all of our teachers will be using Apple machines next year, we hope that the transition to a Mac platform for all will open up even more possibilities for learning.
At CIS, our goals for the One to World Programme are to:
- Enhance classroom activities and the curriculum by integrating technology to provide rich and meaningful 21st century learning experiences
- Teach, refine and expand technology skills that will allow our students, true digital citizens, to succeed in future endeavours.
- Use technology to aid learning, through in-depth online research and to bring experts into the classroom through an innovative use media such as video and Skype conferencing.
- Use technology to become more efficient and productive workers.
- Provide an environment in which technology is ubiquitous and the use of computers routine.
- Promote the healthy, safe and ethical use of technology