The Canadian International School is currently in its 21st year of operation. Initially established in 1990 as a university preparatory day school, the school was called Canadian Overseas College, but subsequently changed its name to the Canadian International School. In its first year, the school opened with a population of only 6 high school students and 6 staff members.
Today, the Canadian International School has two campuses – the Lakeside campus in Singapore’s West (ECE to Grade 12), and the Tanjong Katong campus in the East (ECE to Grade 10). Over 2,500 students from over 60 nationalities are experiencing the joy that comes from a Canadian International School education.
- October 1992 – Canadian Overseas College changed its name to the Canadian International School, and began offering classes in Grades 7 and 8.
- August 1993 – CIS opened the elementary school at the Toh Tuck Campus.
- August 2001 – Students in Grades 9 to 12 were moved to the Bukit Tinggi campus. The population at Bukit Tinggi expanded in August 2003 to include students in Grades 7 and 8.
- 2002 – CIS was authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- 2003 – CIS was authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP).
- May 2005 – CIS was authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP).
- August 2006 – The Bukit Tinggi campus became the Middle School campus as Grades 4 to 6 moved there. Middle School was now home to students in Grades 4 to 8.
- August 2006 – High School (Grades 9 to 12) was moved to Kampong Bahru to accommodate the growing High School population.
- 2007 – CIS recognized the need for a campus in the East. In September 2007, CIS opened the Tanjong Katong campus in the heritage site that used to house the Tanjong Katong Girls' School.
- September 2008 – The very popular Parent and Child group move from the Toh Tuck campus to the new Tanjong Katong campus.
- August 2010 – The Middle School community from Bukit Tinggi and the High School community from Kampong Bahru amalgamated to the Jurong East interim campus.
- August 2010 – Programme offerings at Tanjong Katong expanded to include Grade 10.
- October 2011 – The communities from Toh Tuck and Jurong East moved into their new state-of-the-art Lakeside campus.
The Canadian International School now has two campuses in Singapore – Tanjong Katong in the East and Lakeside Campus in the West, allowing more students to enjoy a Canadian International School education.